Search This Blog

Monday, July 03, 2006

Remember to save!

Jaime's comment to my bragging post reminded me that I wanted to add a reminder to everyone who reads this blog to back up their pictures and info periodically. Hard drives can suddenly go bad and precious pictures and memories can be lost! Even cds can be ruined in as little as 2 years time. I am sadly behind on backing up the blog files. You never know when a server could go down and your info could be lost forever! So especially if you want to preserve memories-save those files and burn multiple copies. That is all.

4 comments:

Michele said...

Gee, I didn't even think that I needed to do something like that. I'll have to ask my help desk (Jamie...LOL!) exactly how to do that. I would certainly hate to lose all the posts and pics...there's a lot of time invested in these blogs!

Jamie said...

well actually, i don't have a clue how to back up the blog...i just always thought that it was all saved in cyber space...so if you could enlighten me steph on how to do that, i'd appreciate it!

sajmom said...

Well, you don't *need* to. It's just a precaution. Stuff like that can happen. One time my fav. blog just dissapeared for 48 hours and the author had no idea why or where it went. But servers do go down and I have heard of info being lost that way. I just copy & paste into a word file, (remember to copy comments as well)because I save for my kids's later amusement. I looked in help to see if I could find a way to say, click on archives to just automatically save a bunch at a time-but they didn't even list that subject.

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»