Search This Blog

Saturday, July 15, 2006

more on the one day trip

I started replying to the comments on the local one day trips question, but my reply was getting too long. So I figured I'd just start a new post on it.

I do subscribe to the visitpa website. It's not as user friendly as you'd think. A lot of the stuff they list isn't the kind of thing you can do with very small children. Tom and I love looking at historical sites and stuff like that-but those trips are not for young children. A lot of the outdoor stuff(hikes, trails, etc.) are out because of Tom's knees. And while Tom has talked about going to Sesame Place-the price of admission alone! Holy Cow! I'll save a trip like that til all three kids can actually enjoy it. We went to Crystal Cave and the other cave(I forget the name)when Leanna was two. If you've seen one cave you've pretty much seen them all. And I used to go to Crystal Cave with school and once with my parents. But it is interesting to see- just not so much for a very young child though. I remember I carried Leanna in a sling. Which really helped. Especially when they turn out the lights! It would be a good family trip for an older group of children. I'm not sure if I could afford the Philly Zoo(have to look it up). I've been wanting to go to the game preserve for a long time-I didn't even know if it was still there. When I was preg. with Justin it was in danger of closing. I like the picnic idea. Any trip is a bit tough right now because of the kids. I have to find a place to go that is kid-tolerant, has wide open spaces, but not so far from civilization that we can't find food to eat(grouchy hungry kids=bad day). You can pack food, but you can only carry it so far. And it can't be too expensive. (I'm not too picky, am I?!) I want to find an aquarium, but nothing was coming up on the pa website-anyone know of any?

5 comments:

Jamie said...

well steph! lol i thought i had some good ideas for you but i guess not :-) we went to the camden aquarium once and it was nice but i won't go back until jonathan is older...it was dark(ish) with small spaces and i was a wreck just trying to keep tabs on him among ALL the people...and there are a LOT of people! and it is not cheap...you should really look into the zoo...especially the pinic part by the creek...i think that might meet all your needs! plus the zoo has these cute two seater buggies (you probably saw pics on my blog) so you can have leanna and justing sit together being pushed by tom and you can push timothy in another stroller...there are plenty of places to sit (tom's knees) and it's not huge (i.e. overwhelming) and not a lot of people...http://www.lvzoo.org/

anyways, have fun this summer...that's the bottom line!!!

p.s. there's always the shore like your mom said...

ADP said...

Speaking of picnics, I remember when we were kids, Mimi would pack up a picnic sometimes and we'd go to Saucon Park in Hellerown. We'd eat by the creek, so it was pretty. WE didn't do that too often, most times they just took us to the park at night. But it was a pretty place for a picnic.

Star-Crossed Pimp said...

I went to the camden aqaurium in the fifth grade and was going to suggest that. I remember liking it a lot.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»