Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A rabbit and a garden?

I may be getting a tiny patch of garden in our concrete backyard. And possibly a rabbit to go with it! Tom says the garden will be ready to go by the end of the week. Part of me is not sure if it would be good to get a rabbit again-it is another thing to feed and take care of and rabbit food isn't cheap. But then again, I think having a pet is good for kids and then I wouldn't have to feel bad about having extra veggies. Instead of them going to waste I could just feed it to the rabbit. It gives me more of an excuse to buy more produce and another science lesson for the kids.
I had a rabbit when I lived in Florida. I named her Trix, as in: Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids! I didn't like giving it up when I moved back home, but I had no way to actually move it and nowhere to keep it once I returned home. And rabbits need to be outdoor pets-it really did stink up the tiny apartment I was in at the time. Then we had the rabbit Tom's Uncle gave us(along with that big cage) and the one he got me as a surprise Christmas present that lived for only about a week. That was one of my favorite christmas presents ever, because it really was a complete surprise. Leanna's old enough that she could fill the waterbottle, and help me put the food in. Any chores she can do with minimal supervision are fantastic (for me!) And Leanna does miss the fish we used to have, but they kept dying on us. Tom said he didn't really feel like doing all the work it meant to keep that huge tank. So maybe this is the answer? We shall see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»