Search This Blog

Friday, July 14, 2006

Glitter Girl

I got Leanna glitter glue for her birthday, and predictably, she loves it. Today she and Justin had fun playing with it for a while(I was in survival mode-ignoring the mess they were making and pretending it didn't exist so I could play with the baby). Justin's been sporting glittery hair and Leanna's entire shirt front is covered. Yes, Justin did try eating it. As we sat outside it got darker and darker, and the outside light just made Leanna's shirt absolutely shimmer. As did many parts of her body. It was beautiful. "Leanna, you look positively magical!" I said to her. "I am!" she replied while doing a wiggly snake dance. I love the self confidence of this age-if only it could continue! If I'm really lucky it will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

writing down moments that grab at you--make them even more special. Not just for you, but now anyone who reads this has a wonderful picture in their mind of the dancing glittery Leanna. Thank you.