Search This Blog

Monday, July 24, 2006

Leanna's checkup

A little update here: Leanna went for her 5 year old check up last week. She's now 39 1/2 pounds, and 41 inches tall. Her hearing's fine and she's not colorblind. The nurse was impressed that she was so concerned with detail. They had her trace pictures with her finger and Leanna made sure to trace every part of the numbers, tails and all. That's Leanna. Her eyesight leaves something to be desired however. It's borderline right now, which means there is a good chance she'll be getting glasses in the next few years. I had to do her anemia test. It's a little finger stick thing, the nurse let me do it to ease Leanna's fears. She wanted them to explain everything before they did it, and they didn't want to take the time. I tried to explain that it'd go much easier if they told her what they were going to do first. That's just how she is. You don't need two people to hold her down if you explain what you're doing and then just let me hug her(much easier). That's routine though for bigger kids, two staff members to hold them down plus the parent. I think I'd be terrified if I had two people holding me down, regardless of whether the shot hurt or not. She got two books out of the deal, and Justin got one also(they're only supposed to give one to the child getting the checkup). They also did a second chicken pox shot, because they've found that with only one shot it sometimes wears off later on. Interesting. I got her records, so Wednesday we'll be able to finish signing her up for kindergarten.

No comments: