Search This Blog

Saturday, July 22, 2006

20 things about me

Facts you may or may not know about me:
1.I have a HUGE sweet tooth
2.My bedroom clock is set 12 minutes fast. (I only set the alarm in numbers ending in 2, 4, 6, 12, 14, or 16. I'm not sure why, I just like those numbers better.)
3.I'm a rabbit in Chinese astrology (Virgo here)
4.I've sung onstage at Disney World.
5.I have 3 piercings-2 holes in each ear, and my belly button. Though I took my belly ring out at the end of the third pregnancy. The ball came off and my skin was stretched so far(still pregnant then) that I was afraid I would rip my belly if I tried to put it back in. I figure at this point my belly doesn't look ANYTHING like it did when I pierced it, so I might as well leave it out. The hole is still there though. And I still find it satisfying to think that the OB told me I would never make it through a pregnancy with the belly ring still in-ha! I went through 3! He ate his words at the end, actually admitted it to me.
6. I always wanted a tattoo, but never found anything I wanted permanently on my body.
7.I used to either clean or go out walking when I got really angry. It would help burn off the physical energy you get when you're mad. But I can't do that anymore since I've had kids. I think it was much healthier for me.
8.I really really miss physical activity-I used to walk all the time and be really strong. That's the biggest factor in my current weight, more than having babies.
9.Even general math confounds me. When I found out I was done with math in college I sent my friend an email saying I never had to take another math class again! And my friend wrote back to say, "Do you know you punctuated that sentence with 91 exclamation points?" I don't think that was nearly enough!
10. I'm terrified that one of my children will inherit the hemangeoma I have in my face.
11. In elementary school, I used to get awesome reviews in slam books (anyone remember those?)
12. Once I commented to a co-worker that I thought our boss resembled Tanya Harding (the figure skater) and she laughed and said that's funny cause I always thought you looked like Nancy Kerrigan!
13.I helped a friend put out an underground newsletter in high school and even wrote a few articles for it.
14. The most interesting college class I ever took -Judaism and Christianity after the holocaust. Really really fascinating.
15. For a summer in high school I lived on toast(occasionally with cheese) for lunch cause we had nothing good to eat.
16. I was one class away (not offered that semester) from graduating with a minor in history. (My degree is in English)
17. My favorite comic strip is Calvin and Hobbes.
18. I rarely have one favorite of anything.
19. I am starting to like shoes (couldn't have cared less my whole life)
20. I hate washing dishes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

EXCUSE ME!!! SHEESH!!!

NO FOOD IN THE HOUSE???????

Come on Steph, you are one picky eater, there was always food and even junk food. If you lived a whole summer on toast, that was your choice, not because there was nothing else to eat!!!

Laura said...

YES!!!! I'm corupting you! Maybe now you will stop with your comments about my shoes. I actually already knew most of those things.

Star-Crossed Pimp said...

I wish I remembered that toast thing. I wonder what I ate.

Anonymous said...

you ate normal food claire

sajmom said...

Who would think what I ate probably almost 15 years ago would cause commentary! Sheesh indeed. Food went fast then, and we didn't have a lot of money either. Frequently there was nothing to eat in the house.