Search This Blog

Friday, July 21, 2006

Confessions of a SuperMom, a novel

My Review:

Ok, so in exchange for a free book I must write a review. I'm relieved to say that I can actually recommend the book. I'd feel really bad if I didn't like it. There were parts where it was starting to become predictable and I got worried, but it would always pick up again and keep me entertained. This is a book for Moms on all stages of the journey(motherhood), and even Dads who read will enjoy it. Especially if they were/are into superheroes. It's a cute book, not a long read, I love the premise: a tiny meek woman becomes a superhero through an accident and takes down a greedy corporation threatning children's safety. I love that ordinary Mom stuff becomes her superpowers. She can sense children in danger and she can clean all sorts of stains with her new hand that spouts swiffer fluid, mostly at will. The book is really about how Birdie, the mother, deals with her new superhero powers and role, her ex-husband, her children growing older, and her self-esteem issues. All are tied together, and it is the stuff that all mothers face at some point-How to remain yourself when motherhood has completely transformed that self...... You're not sure what's left because you aren't the same person anymore. And yet you are.

Out in paperback August 1st (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0451218566/104-2081027-8950326?redirect=true ). and I think a sequel is coming soon too.

No comments: