Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

4th of July-the story

It was a different sort of holiday-I think many of the adults I was around were grouchy. We didn't have all the usual holiday foods(I didn't have the time or money for the usual preparation). We still have no camera. I bought one disposable, and downloaded Laura's pictures, but it's not the same. A lot of our cookouts have more people. But this time it was just us, my parents, and my sister Laura. Claire made a guest appearance. She stayed long enough to eat and left without telling anyone. That's typical. Tom really just wanted to work on his "new" truck. I think the holiday was kind of an interruption for him. My Dad had to leave early to go back to work, that always makes him understandably grouchy. My grandmother wasn't up to celebrating. She stayed home. And my Mom is having it hit her in new ways that she had a heart attack. It is really still affecting her in big ways.

The kids however, had fun as usual. Leanna loves any "special day." I did talk to her about America's birthday, but it was real fuzzy for her. With eating outside, playing in the pool, squirting the hose, time with family, and going to fireworks-it was a great day for them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»