Search This Blog

Sunday, July 02, 2006

A family afternoon

It was a nice family afternoon for a change. We took Justin for his photo appt. this afternoon and then went to Radio Shack and Waldenbooks, stopping for pizza afterward. I took advantage of the money my Aunt sent the kids for their birthday(Justin got the clothes we used for the photo shoot-clearance priced from JC Penny) and got Leanna some books from Waldenbooks in the bargain section. Bargain books were buy 3 get one free. I was lucky because I found one for Jerry's daughter-her birthday party is this coming weekend. Apparently she's into princesses, big time. So I found a princess book that came with a locket. So I got one for Leanna and one for Jerry's daughter. Plus we found a buge kids atlas book. Because of Dora the Explorer, Leanna's into maps. She really loved it and it was only 3.99 so of course I had to get that. It was almost bigger than she was. It showed products of countries and the continents and Leanna leaned over and kissed Pennsylvania. And I found another book of mythical creatures that had beautiful illustations and cool mythical animals you could take out to play with. So with her 15 I managed to buy her three books(no mean feat with today's book prices!) and get a free book for Jerry's daughter. Then after we left the mall we had to make a pit stop for diapers. And I found a few clearance items there also-which is always a thrill for me. I like to get a bargain. So until we returned home, it was a nice day for me. (Then it returned to business as usual, not so thrilling). It's so rare for us to have time to spend as a family. I really wish it wasn't always time spent out shopping together. It'd be nice to do other things together too. Unfortunately that is the way it seems to work out. I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth though-any time together is great.

2 comments:

ADP said...

That is such a neat book. Maps fascinate me too. I don't know what the appeal is but there you go.

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»