Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Maree's birthday

Maree turned nine the day after Christmas. My Mom asked me how Maree's party was, and I said, "Ghetto." Cause it was!
Every year her Mom says she's not going to have a birthday party at her house because stuff gets broken and it's too much work the day after Christmas. And every year she does anyway. Like last year she decided she wasn't going to do anything at all, so we said we'd go buy a cake and bring it-and magically all the usual guests appeared at the party. Every year there's at least one fight. I'm glad Leanna's such a tough little girl, cause Cora's kids are really rough. Leanna and Justin had fun playing with the other kids though, so that was nice. It's also nice to see that Justin's not shy with other kids. He's also starting to say hi to strangers in stores also. He's a little flirt.
Anyway, first a fight developed between Maree and Ray(Cora's son). Maree has a sign on her bedroom door saying no boys allowed! and she told Ray to leave her room because no boys allowed! and apparently his feeling were hurt. He went and complained and Korinna started yelling and cursing at Maree. Maree was in tears and was crying loudly. She claimed that she was just joking and Ray knew it and even laughed about it. Maree was sent sobbing up to her room. The whole party went silent after that. I thought it was just normal kid stuff. Even if Maree was serious, who cares? So you let her know that she hurt his feelings and that you don't do that! She should apologize, and not do it anymore, end of story! Instead it was this huge thing that ruined the party and Maree 's whole face was read for like 10 minutes afterward because she was crying so hard. Then another party ender-one of Korinna's(Maree's mom) friends gave custody of one of her three children to another of Korinna's friends, Cora. Apparently there is a PFA(protection from abuse) order against the father. She's a cute little girl, three years old. Leanna played with her throughout the party. Well the little girl's dad showed up, knocking on the door. I guess he wants her back. He came on Christmas also. So they didn't answer the door and at this point we were ready to leave, but we couldn't because of this man outside Korinna's house. Lovely. I'm starting to worry, what if this man tries to take her by force. I have kids here who could get hurt and scared. We weren't sure if he left. When we left I'm thinking, what if he's still out there-Leanna is about the same size and also blond, she could easily be mistaken in the dark for his kid.
Every year after Maree's birthday party I tell Tom how glad I am to be rid of all that kind of stuff. I was around people like that when I was with Adam, and I don't miss it at all. Tom agrees. He hates going to Maree's parties too, but we have to for Maree's sake. It's a good reminder though how lucky I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the reason why I have never gone to any of Maree's birthday parties, because I knew just how they would be. Korinna always shoots her mouth off and incerts foot. Plus I really don't like any of her friends, except Cora, she is pretty cool. She has a lot of love in her heart, especially for taking custody of some one else's child. That mother should have never had kids to begin with. You have to wonder sometimes, what goes on in people's mind, when they think they are ready for kids and they aren't.

Anonymous said...

I am also so glad to be rid of the old crowd. We are intelligent people and shouldnt have ever surrounded ourselves with those lowlifes that we did hang out with. hall st? i hate thinking about that. the only thing i do miss is spending time with you