Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2005

Let me clear this up...............

It has been brought to my attention that there was some confusion when I referred to Maree's birthday party as "Ghetto." The actual definition of ghetto is:
Main Entry: 1ghet·to Pronunciation: 'ge-(")tOFunction: nounInflected Form(s): plural ghettos also ghettoesEtymology: Italian, from Venetian dialect ghèto island where Jews were forced to live, literally, foundry (located on the island), from ghetàr to cast, from Latin jactare to throw -- more at JET
1 : a quarter of a city in which Jews were formerly required to live
2 : a quarter of a city in which members of a minority group live especially because of social, legal, or economic pressure3 a : an isolated group
b : a situation that resembles a ghetto especially in conferring inferior status or limiting opportunity

I used it meaning the definition used in 2b. There were low class situations, the type that usually occur in the ghetto. (screaming foul mouthed women, fights, and potentially dangerous people showing up at the door, and then it ended with some of the guests leaving a day earlier than they had intended).
None of this was Maree's fault, and it has nothing to do with her. She is a sweet affectionate girl. Her mother knows nothing of this blog, and that is on purpose.
I would also like to state that I could certainly never say anything about anyone else's housekeeping skills or the lack thereoff. I am a terrible housekeeper, ask Tom when I'm not around.
Hopefully that clears it all up.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to offend anyone, but I just wanted to see what you meant by "Ghetto". Yes, I agree on the people that she has always hung around with, that is why I don't want to go to Maree's parties, because I don't care for her friends, except for Cora, I do like her and I think it is nice that she is taking that little girl. But Korinna is thinking of taking her other kids and I think that is a "BIG" mistake, because she can't pay attention to the one she has. Maree' is the one that is going to suffer, or maybe Maree' can be of some help in some way to those misfortunate kids.
No, I don't communicate with Korinna on here, so she wouldn't find out about your BLOG from me.
I was just confused a bit on the term "Ghetto," whether you meant, by her company or by her keeping house, that's all. No pun intended.

Jamie said...

so now u officially have a contriversial blog...i'm jealous:-)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year :)


www.FriendsterForum.com

sajmom said...

I don't talk to people who talk to Korinna, other than you and Tom and Maree. Maree has never even seen me type for the blog, even if she did she wouldn't know it was mine. While Korinna annoys me greatly, I would never write something like that if she were reading it, or if I thought there was a possibility she would. I especially wouldn't critisize her housekeeping, that would be a personal attack.

sajmom said...

PS. I've never heard Ghetto used to refer to housekeeping. You had me confused all night! I had to read your email 3 times before I figured out what you were talking about!

Anonymous said...

Remember Elvis? His song "In the Ghetto"? Today we think of the ghetto as a poor low class dangerous neighborhood. But like Steph pointed out, it originally was an area sectioned off for jews back from the 19th & 20th centuries. I personally find the jewish culture to be fascinating.