Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2005

busy weekend

So I broke my sewing machine this weekend. Leave it to me to break it when I'm in a rush to finish a project. He's been trying to fix it for 2 days. And then Tom brings home his great-grandmother's sewing machine, dated 1955, and wants me to use that. Yeah, let me break that one too! I'd just love to have your entire family mad at me for breaking a family heirloom!
I made cookies this weekend, with the "help" of Leanna, Justin, and Maree'. And Laura's help too. I still have the dough for gingerbread cookies in the fridge, we didn't get to that yet. We finally got the pictures of the kids back from the photographer. She threw in a free ornament, a braclet with a charm that has all 3 kids' pictures on it, and 2 free photos(they're cut a little off though, I guess that's why they're free). Then we had a family party for Claire. Unfortunately she didn't enjoy it at all, didn't like the company or the gifts. Even though it's stuff she asked for. Hopefully Christmas will go better. And we stopped by Friendly's in Easton to finally pick up Leanna's prize for the coloring contest. They had a chest of dollar store toys. She picked a wooden cradle that you have to glue together and paint.
And now I'm scanning old slides as a Christmas present for my grandmother. It's hard to do though because they are old and weren't taken care of, so the color is all red. Plus they're not a normal sized slide. They're bigger which means often the whole picture doesn't fit and you have to manually adjust it. Sometimes you just have to cut off part of the picture because there's no way for the whole thing to fit. So after I scan and save them I have to fix the color which is not always easy. We checked at Dan's Camera-it would cost about $20.00 per slide to have them done there! So I'm giving the gift of my time to Mimi as well as the gift of her memories.

No comments: