Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2005

The majority of my Christmas/birthday shopping is done! And I helped my Mom find a neat gift for my sister this weekend-something different, so I hope she likes it. Claire, my baby sister, will be 17 on Wednesday! I am so old. And Maree', my sort of step-daughter, will be 9 on Dec. 26th. I have high hopes for this Christmas. I suspect it might be my grandmother's last Christmas. And I'm pretty sure it will be one of my grandmother-in-law's last Christmas also(she has extra fluid on her brain and they probably won't do surgery to fix it. Quality of life issues.) On the other hand, I am mother to three beautiful children, two of whom will be able to enjoy the holiday season. I know Justin is young, but he is enjoying the lights and decorations and will be able to enjoy the family togetherness that comes with the holidays also. I suspect he will also enjoy ripping paper off presents as well. It's our first Christmas in a place big enough to really decorate and we have a real tree-eight and a half foot!! I'm in the process of making Justin a pair of pjs-the first thing I've ever made for him to wear. They're really cute. I would like to make Leanna a new nightgown as well, but I don't think I'll have time. I made her one two years ago and it still fit last year. I'm doing Justin's first because they're easier and because I've never made him anything. He can wear those pjs when we go out as a family to go look at Christmas lights. We bring thermoses of hot chocolate and the rule is everyone has to be wearing pjs. Then we just drive around enjoying holiday displays. And then he can wear them again on Christmas Eve. After that he can wear them whenever.
I have so many things to do-Christmas presents to finish making, Justin's pjs, cookies to make, presents to buy, presents to wrap, holiday decorating to do, so much cleaning to do, and that is in addition to all the regular cleaning and cooking and taking care of the kids. It's overwhelming. Things that used to be simple, like wrapping gifts, can't be done in front of the kids. Justin would be running off with the wrapping paper, tape, and scissors, and probably presents too. And leanna is old enough to remember what she sees-how do you let her believe in Santa if she sees you wrapping presents that she and her brother open on Christmas morning? I've already explained that we buy presents for adults because Santa only brings gifts for kids. And today we bought presents to put in a bin for toys for tots. I told Leanna that some parents have no money to buy presents for their children and that they don't have a way to let Santa know where they live for him to bring presents....so we can help make their Christmas happy by buying presents for them. So Leanna chose a princess necklace and a set of trucks to put in the bin. They were only from the dollar store, I have 3 kids and a large extended family to buy presents for! But hopefully the idea that we help other people will be remembered.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i read it and i dont see any eagles stuff on here, post some please. haha
john "the no. 1 eagle fan"staniec

sajmom said...

Oh, ok. Didn't know you were reading this. Note to Self: No male bashing here.
I'll have to find a way to incorporate that.