Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2008

New stuff


Last week Leanna was very frustrated trying to put on her shoes. She asked for boots to put on, which are actually hand-me-downs from my (male) cousin and too big for her. She wanted them because she can just slip them on. Her shoes were bought last year before kindergarten and are getting too tight. As we walked to school she commented that people always make fun of her when she wears those boots. And previously she had mentioned that soom of the older girls who also meet at the church where Brownies are (they are high school age) laughed at her when she wore them there. I felt so bad for her, I've been there myself. I remember having a pair of sneakers that were so bad that the bottom of the shoe would peel halfway back. We just didn't have money for new ones. The ultimate humiliation came during a "fun and fitness" class at the Y when we were playing kickball. It was my turn and when I went to kick the ball the base got caught in the shoe flap. Everyone laughed. I can still feel the embarrasment of that one.
So I decided that I'd just have to use a credit card and get her some shoes. My Mom agreed that it was needed and we were in luck as Tom was finally home early enough that we could take her out to get shoes. Actually my Mom ended up getting her some sneakers, and a pair of boots. Thanks again! And I got her a pair of pink pants with pretty flowers on them-clearance for $6! and underwear, also on sale. My Mom also got her a new bathrobe(which I think was also on clearance) which is sooooo nice and fluffy and soft and cozy. I'm jealous, I have a whole bunch of bathrobes (hand-me-downs and ones that were bought, people like to get them for me for some reason) but I don't have one as soft as that!
The picture shows her asleep in her new bathrobe, a few nights later and her new sneakers. This is remarkable because Leanna does not wear shoes around the house!! They come off as soon as she enters the door! I just thought it was cute to find her sleeping like that-I'd just come home from a Friday night out with Laura.
It was really fun to buy her things, I wish I could do it more often.

No comments: