Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2008

Exciting for me!



My husband was home for a change yesterday and since he was home he was bored. It worked out great for me though! He finally built Leanna bookshelves, simple ones, but great because her books are high, out of the way, and there's more room for her growing collection.

Then later on Tom cleared out a huge metal shelf in the basement that was falling apart and replaced it with a plastic one we'd been given. This looks neater and the metal one was in danger of falling over any moment! Then he built a long shelf attached to the basement ceiling for some of the extra stuff that don't fit in the smaller plastic cabinet. I'm so happy!! See how easy I am to please? He hasn't done stuff in our house for a long time.

And a big bonus is that the kids were just in awe. Justin went into Leanna's room and said, "Wow! Daddy did a good job!" They love to watch Tom work, especially with things like drills.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I'm glad he was home to do some things around the house that he has been putting off. He is the typical carpenter. Doesn't want to do those things at home that he does all day at work.