Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Before They're Born

A link to yet another parentdish post-this time on Mommy shopping, or unborn spirits choosing their parents?
It's an interesting idea, but for me it raises several questions:
If we choose our parents, why would anyone choose to be raised by a child abuser for example, or just plain bad parents?
At what point does a spirit enter the fetus then?
What about miscarried babies?

A book I read while pregnant with Justin, Baby Catcher by Peggy Vincent, mentions her son telling her that he was her "spirit baby". It's a really sweet idea, I probably like it so much because it would mean Justin was also the baby I lost. That might explain his extreme clinginess too. : )
If you've ever seen John Edwards (dead people can talk through him and he does shows on the subject) he talks about miscarried babies being there along with other relatives who've "passed over".
By the way I don't think ideas like this are incompatible with Christianity. I'm not entirely sure what my beliefs are concerning religion. But even if ideas like this are complete baloney they give comfort to some people, and I think that's ok too. A god I could believe in would be ok with that too.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I whole-heartedly believe that miscarried or born dead babies are guardian angels to their siblings or family. I believe that God chooses some babies or people before their time to watch over the living. He is a loving God.

ADP said...

Well I believe the idea is that some will choose to be born to parents who abuse because they are trying to learn lessons needed from that experience.