Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

who knew?

You Might Want to Do Your Shoplifting Elsewhere:

Increasingly, police departments and government offices (customs agencies, NASA, even the FBI) rely on state-of-the-art investigation support from the Target Corp. (as in Target department stores), according to a January Washington Post report. Target's world-class forensics lab in Minneapolis is the first choice by many departments for examination of surveillance tapes and other evidence, and it was Target in the mid-1990s that finally moved agencies to coordinate previously incompatible databases of criminals (treating the felon population as a nationwide "inventory control" problem). A Target executive said he works for "a high-tech company masquerading as a retailer." [Washington Post, 1-29-06]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's one store I don't like, is Target. I don't know why I don't like them, cuz I was only in the store twice, and I got Chuck's battery charger there. But I just don't like the store. That's me!

Anonymous said...

And I love it lol. The merchandise isn't the same old stuff you see everywhere else, that's enough to draw me in. And it's not expensive.