Search This Blog

Friday, April 07, 2006

uggh


Leanna's had these for two days now-no fever, no marks anywhere else. Doesn't feel bad, completely normal otherwise.

I called to check yesterday, she has had the chicken pox vaccine. (I know Justin's had it already, I remember his). For those who don't know, they started vaccinating kids for chicken pox in 1995. It is possible to get them even after having the vaccine, but it's unlikely and if you do, you'll have a milder form. This could be impetigo also. Justin and Timothy are fine so far.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

:-( hopefully it will just resolve itself and you won't have to worry about it...i am deathly afraid of any kind of red bumps on jonathan lol i have mini panic attacks! getting better though :-)

Anonymous said...

I believe it is impitego, as I checked it out on the web. If I'm correct she will need an antibiotic to kill the virus and a cream(OTC) to put on to dry it up. You have to get the crusty crust off first before appying the cream.

My brother and I had it when we were kids and it spread from child to child, until we all got treated.

You need to get her to stay away from other siblings and watch when touching her face, cuz it will spread like a wildfire.

Easter is coming, so she needs to be treated so she can enjoy her Easter too. Or you guys will be staying home on Easter.