Search This Blog

Thursday, April 06, 2006

First Words


I noticed Timothy's babbling has been starting to sound more like language. Several times I've heard him say "mamamamamamama...." Tonight he was crying for me to pick him up and Tom and I both heard it. I'm not sure if that counts as his first word yet or not. He was using it correctly, he was asking for me.
That would be about the same as Justin-I didn't record when the first word came, but as I have him saying multiple words in Feb. 05 in an entry in his baby book( hi, mama,Daddy, hungry, and starting to say hat) so his first word probably came a month or two before. I do remember him talking at Fountain hill, so that would be around or before 6 months old. I do remember what the first word was though- Mama!
Leanna technically said her first word at four months-a very clear and distinct, "Mommy." We were at Gracedale getting ready to leave and Tom and Nanny J. heard it also. I remember we all looked at each other, shocked. So it was witnessed by three people. I'm sure she didn't understand what she was saying yet though, she was just repeating a sound she'd heard. About a month later she started saying her first real words-various forms of my name, usually Mum-mum.

No comments: