Search This Blog

Thursday, April 20, 2006

If you won the lottery

What’s the first thing you would do if you won the lottery? I won’t name a specific amount, we’ll just assume that it’s enormous. Enough to do whatever you want with. What is the very first thing you would do, and after that, generally speaking, what else would you do?

The very first thing I would do is pay off all our debt-student loans, credit cards, medical bills, anything I had a place to pay off, I would. We’d be completely in the clear, nothing hanging over our heads anymore. That would feel so good. The closest I’ve come to that is when I paid off my car. I practically skipped to the mailbox to put in the last payment. That was a really nice feeling.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would probably buy a lot of property b/c that is a good investment in my opinion. besides that, i'd be happy knowing money wouldn't be a huge concern and try to keep life as "normal" as possible!

Anonymous said...

The first thing I do is pay off all my debts and then help my kids with whatever they need....The next thing I would do is buy cemetery plots and pay for a prepaid burrial, so my family doesn't have to worry when I die....Then I would buy this house and fix it up to the way I want it....Then the last thing I would do is invest some money for a rainy day.

Money is the root of all evil, but it is sure nice to be debt free and have some money to do whatever you want.

We all can dream, can't we.

I probably won't ever win the lottery, cuz I don't buy too many tickets to win, LOL!

Jamie said...

AND i would be a world traveler and i would hire a chef to travel with us so we wouldnt have to worry about eating something with peanuts in it since all labeling laws arent the same...

sajmom said...

You WOULD be hiring Tom to do all the work you needed done on your properties, right Jaime? LOL.

sajmom said...

I consider the lottery to be a tax on people who can't do math.

sajmom said...

This conversation first came up when I was working in the deli in Kash N Karry in Florida. It was neat to hear how everyone had a different answer, and what they would do FIRST often seemed representative of who they were. Or at least what their priorities were at the time. Mine's never changed, lol, I've been broke all my life! Tom was also the first person I talked to who had the exact same answer that I did.