Search This Blog

Monday, April 10, 2006

Mimi again

My grandmother's not doing so well. Her blood pressure's been really low, and she cancelled a trip to see her ballerina granddaughter dance. My grandmother loves any chance to get out of the house, and she loves to see her grandaughter, so that's saying something. I called her house today and talked to both of her children who are caring for her(my aunt and uncle) and both sounded very depressed. They said they're just taking things one day at a time right now.
This surprised me because we just saw her Friday night and she looked good. We got a late night call to go over to her house because family was visiting. Everyone wants to make sure they get a chance to see her again, just in case. So she was surounded by family and looked happy. When we got there Tom made a beeline for the pizza he knew was there. Cause if Uncle Jonathan and family are there, most likely there's Lehigh Pizza too! I talked briefly to my newly married cousin Ronnie and his wife. He's the one with a band, Division (http://www.division-usa.com/bandron.php ). Another cousin, Janet was there and she's apparently enjoying life in North Carolina. She moved there within the last year, and apparently is enjoying playing Aunt to our cousin Jessica's kids. Everyone seemed pretty happy, aside from worries about Mimi.

It was really cute too- when I went inside, Claire was sleeping on the couch at one end, and my grandmother was sleeping at the other end. Mimi looked so peaceful, she had this happy smile on her face. It was really nice to see.

No comments: