Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Music in their blood!

I'm in a good mood because it's nice outside and I heard my favorite Metallica song on the radio-"Fade to Black." That would have been our wedding song if my cousin's band had played our wedding. I think of it as our real wedding song. Tom tells people that our wedding song was George Strait's "I Cross My Heart." But I can't tell people my wedding song was a COUNTRY song!! EEwww...country! And what about the song they actually played at our wedding-we didn't get to choose it. It was the lesser of two evils-Bee Gees, or man-thong-wearing Rod Stewart's Have I Told You Lately. The Bee Gee song wasn't horrible, just not terribly appropriate to have a song about a man singing that the woman doesn't know what it's like to love someone the way he loves her. Unrequited love is not a common wedding theme I hope. However, it was sung to perfection by my father-in-law's band:( http://www.chucksworld.us/stampede_band.htm ). Yep, another singing relative. I hope our kids get the musical genes!

No comments: