Search This Blog

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Imagination and the vacuum


Apparently my kids have a special relationship with the vacuum cleaner. I don't know what about it inspires such feelings. Leanna's always been afraid of it-for a brief period she was ok with it, but then her Daddy started chasing her with it and the fear returned. And hasn't gone away yet. I've tried explain that she's way too big to fit in there, but it doesn't matter. Justin's always been fascinated with it. I remember one time my Mom was vacuuming our living room and Justin was old enough to walk around, so he followed her right behind as she vacuumed, just watching. Yesterday I was changing his diaper and he didn't want me to. I swear I am not making this up. He actually turned to the vacuum, which was right next to him, and said, "vacuum. Help." He wanted the vacuum to help him! LOL!
Today Leanna took a blanket and draped it over the vacuum. Then she asked Justin, "Ok Justin, where do you want to go? To Wawa's for chocolate milk? Ok!" So now the vacuum functions as a car too. I love that I have such creative kids!

Edit: When I was telling my sister about Justin and the vacuum I commented that his, "vacuum. Help. " reminded me of how a superhero sometimes calls on their super power to help them. Like spiderman pointing his arm and saying, Web! and a spiderweb shoots out. Or Inspector Gadget saying, Go go gadget arms! Justin already has his superhero name, he's Justinvinceable! Ah, a boy and his vacuum!

2 comments:

Star-Crossed Pimp said...

"Teehee! We accidentally vacuumed up Sally Bear but once Mr. Sunshine-and-Smiles-Bear came and rescued her, we could all do housework cheeerfully again! Teehee!"

sajmom said...

You know I post those just for you! I look for situations where they'll apply.