Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Stuff

*It's heart attack day! We caught Jacob was scooping out peanut butter and eating it! Thankfully no signs of a problem yet, it'll probably show in his skin later though.

*I had an email from Bernard, the elf from the North Pole, so we were checking if the kids are on the naughty or nice list. It said Leanna needs to help around the house more (YES!), Justin also needs to help around the house and to wash behind his ears (He started yelling, you never told me to wash behind my ears! How can I do that if you never told me!), and Timothy was nice last month but needs to wash between his toes (he took this info in stride though, just smiling because he's on the nice list).

*Jacob used the potty all by himself twice last week!

*Leanna's sleeping at a friend's house on Thanksgiving night, she's really excited about this. (It makes me really happy too, it's validates my views on the problems at school last year!)

*The Black Friday traddtion is still in limbo, it depends on whether or not we get paid this week. Regardless, it will be greatly scaled down. But I am really really hoping to go, I look forward to it every year.

*I had a date with Timothy last night. We went to the library and had a quick stop at the gas station for chocolate covered pretzels (works perfectly, they're 3 for a dollar!). We played I Spy the whole way there and back. That was his favorite thing, I asked him. And he was so cute at the library, he sat in the chair and read himself a book, outloud. In his little tiny Timothy voice! Timothy chose a book on spiders and a book on elephants to take home. He had to give the librarian my card and put all the books up on the counter. Timothy is much easier to take to the library. While I still have to remind him not to run and to whisper, I don't have to remind him of these things every other second (which I do with Justin).

*The last time we went to the library at night I took only Justin, thinking it would be good practice for him and it'd be easy since it was only Justin with me. No one to bother him or to talk to. But I was proven wrong, as he just cannot help himself. Even when he wasn't talking, he was making noises! And when I told him he could spin once only in the Mork and Mindy style chairs in the kid section (I LOVED those chairs myself when I was a kid!) he ran over spun once and almost knocked into another chair. I told him, alright, you're done now, you might bang into things. So he had to try one more time, cause he's Justin, and guess what? He loudly banged into another chair. And as I turned around before I could even utter more than his name, the frizzy haired librarian came running back yelling at him. I was mortified! We quickly left in shame.

*Hopefully we'll be baking tomorrow. I have plans, big plans. We'll see though, because in recent years I am better at coming up with ideas than I am with following through!

No comments: