Search This Blog

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Making Cranberry bread

The cranberries are such a nice splash of color

Leanna took of picture of the stirring

Pretty Cranberry bread loaf




Tom putting Jacob to sleep




Orange gratings

On a whim, I decided to try making cranberry bread this year. Timothy wanted to help, but he ended up "making his own."When I cut into the cranberries, I discovered that they're actually quite pretty. Kind of a butterfly pattern. Leanna helped me chop them. She was actually quite helpful the past few days.
I had Tom put Jacob to sleep, which made it much easier to get the breads made. In addtion to the cranberry bread, I made my (now) tradditional Pumpkin Gingerbread, which Justin proclaims to be the best in the world! and apple Crisp (for me it wouldn't be Thanksgiving or Christmas without it!) and I also attempted a mincemeat pie for my Dad. Plus making mashed potatoes for Tom's filling patties because it was supposed to sit overnight. He said he didn't know how to make mashed potatoes and walked away when I tried to explain.....so it was left to me. It was a busy busy day!

1 comment:

Sue said...

It looks like tom was enjoying the part of putting Jacob to sleep.

It really sounds like an enjoyable day for you all. I am so thankful you all had a perfect day of togetherness.