Search This Blog

Sunday, November 01, 2009

More Halloween pictures









Jacob's costume was of course the easiest, since I made it back in 2003 for Leanna. Each of our kids has worn it now.
Timothy's costume was also fairly easy, it was pulled together from things we had around the house-Justin's dress shirt, Timothy's sweat pants, Leanna's old boots, Justin's cape, Timothy's toy hospital parrot, and a hat from Timothy's party as a belt with a toy pirate hat I got on clearance last year after halloween. His facial hair was curtesy of an eye pencil.
Justin's costume was a sweat shirt and sweat pants (and they didn't even match-one was blue, one was black!) I printed out bones found on the internet-but I had quite a time finding a set the right size! and I simply pinned the bones to his clothes. The mask is a milk jug, it fit his face perfectly! And he didn't mind it at all. It helped that it was kinda cold out, but his head was just big enough for air to circulate but not so small that it flopped around. He's rather fascinated with skeletons right now, so this really was perfect for him. He really wanted to have bloody hands too, after seeing a skeleton like that in someone's yard, but I wasn't going to let him do that at five year old!
Leanna's costume was Laura Ingalls Wilder, or more generally, a prairie girl. I thought the bonnet and braids were a dead giveaway, but apparently that's only with people my age or older. I found the pattern and it fit perfectly with our studies and I know she looks adorable in braids. It was about three day's work, off and on of course. At least she can always use it as a nightgown!

No comments: