Search This Blog

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Lovin the internet

On a homeschool blog I ran across this mention of a song I sang way back in elementary school Dona Nobis Pacem by W. A. Mozart and haven't heard since. I liked it and I still remember the words to this day. I've sung it to all my children and never expected to hear it anywhere again. But there it was, on you tube!
For a version without words, click here.
For a version sung by a choir, click here.
I think it's best sung as a round.

3 comments:

Sue said...

We sang that at church in the choir 2 times so far, once at Christmas last year and another time this past spring. We had to walk down the aisle as we were singing it. That was a hard some for me to remember the words, becasue we sang it in Zulu, which is African.

It is a very pretty song and it was the very first time I ever heard of that song.

I really wished you guys lived closer to me because I would be bringing the kids to Sunday School. I just love my church. It may be small, but we are a very close knit concregation. The kids would have so much fun and meet some really nice kids, too.

Sue said...

I boo boo. That isn't the one we sang in Zulu. I just called, Matt Silvius, our choir director, and he said it is called "We Are Singing For The Lord."

If you find that one listen to it. I really like it in Zulu and English, 3 verses are in Zulu and the last one is in English.

That is the one we walked down the aisle singing.

sajmom said...

In case anyone's curious, Sue sent me the link to the song her choir did:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN00AEhSR70&feature=related