Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

speach and understanding

***********************************************************************************
Proof that he understands way more than he's able to express. I'm sure all babies can. I saw these at the store, and since they were only a little over a dollar a pack, I thought I'd try them out. Jacob apparently found them and was carrying them around and took off the straw that comes with it.

Jacob may not be able to say the word straw yet (or maybe he can and just chooses not to). But when he handed me this box of juice I told him, it won't work without a straw! So he turned around, then handed me this straw. : )

1 comment:

Sue said...

Steph, I believe he understands more that we give him credit for. Yesterday, I saw on TV a show that was showing us how kids at a young age of 10 months understand reading. That had word flash cards and the baby did everything the word said, i.e. shake-he shook his head, where are your ears-he grab both ears, and so on. Maybe you should do this with Jacob and he can start to learn how to read before he holds a book to read. I thought that show was very interesting. I just never knew kids can read and understand so young of an age.