Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

elementary enthusiasm

I wanted to take Leanna with me yesterday to vote because she was excited about the election from school. From what I gather, fourth and fifth graders came and talked to the classes about the two candidates and then on Monday the school voted. I video-taped her talking about the election-cause it was soooo cute-but it's on our regular video camera so I can't post it here. It's worth watching just to hear her talk about "Roco Bama." She was quizzing Timothy and Justin on who they would vote for. But I was surprised to find out yesterday that she didn't want to come with me. She said, can I vote too? I said no because......"I know! I'm not 18!" she interrupted me. She was not happy about that. She didn't want to go since she couldn't vote too, so I took Justin, he was happy to help. Didn't have a clue what was going on, but he was proud to tell his Daddy that "me and Mommy voted today!"

No comments: