Search This Blog

Monday, November 17, 2008

Replies to rudeness

LOL! LOL! Not a good all the time response, but in certain situations......

" Liz said...
Oh Susie, I can most definately relate! I had my first in Aug 96 & my second in Mar 00. Three and a 1/2 years between the two of them. It was a good spacing. I was pretty self-righteous about my perfectly spaced children. And then we had #3. On the day she was born, #2 turned 10 1/2 MONTHS old. He was born at the end of March 2000 & she arrived mid-February 2001. We got all the jokes, too. People asking "don't you know what causes that?" or all the little comments in the store "boy, she has her hands full!". Oh, and the best one was a complete stranger eyeballing me & asking "How did this happen?" as if I did something wrong. After gently trying to explain in the kindest manner possible & she continued probing, I got rude back. I said "It happened the usual way...on our living room couch if you must know." When her jaw dropped, I walked away. I mean, really...I DON'T KNOW YOU...it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!"


(from comments on a blog post about hating to be the butt of jokes about fertility)

No comments: