Search This Blog

Monday, November 03, 2008

PTO

I attended my first PTO meeting today. That would be parent-teacher organization. I think there were seven of us attending. It was pretty informal, which was good for me. I had Jacob in my lap, and at a few points he got noisy because he was bored. Justin also stayed with me, when the kids went into another room to watch a movie he was afraid to leave. So Timothy went with Leanna. I think next time he will go though because he got pretty bored there. LOL. A movie and smarties candy sounded pretty good to him after sitting through that! I think Leanna enjoys being the only one in familiar territory-she volunteers to take her brothers to the bathrooms or the water fountains, etc. It's kinda cute.
The PTO already has a card that they punch to give you prizes for attending school events. When it's filled you get a five dollar gift certificate. They discussed other prizes and ways to attract parents to come. That's pretty sad. They have to bribe people to join!

1 comment:

ADP said...

Yes that is sad, but it is Allentown. Back when Claire went, I don't even think they had any meetings because I never got any info on it. Or then again, maybe that was the way McKinley always was--bad at sending home mail.