Search This Blog

Monday, May 07, 2007

Veggies

I have thought of shredding carrots to put in speghetti sauce, but I know if Tom found even a tiny bit he would be SO ANGRY. I mean, really really angry. So that kind of stops me from trying. I can't even think of many things my kids eat that lend themselves to hiding vegetables, but I like the "permission" to try!

(the comments section makes me mad though, because I did start out giving my kids plenty of baby food vegetables, and still I struggle today with getting them to eat veggies......it's not always that simple!)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

yeah thats a crock. jonathan loved peas and won't even think about touching them now. what works for me is to just put veggies out on a tray and jonathan will eat them on the run. if i ask him if he wants some, he says no. reverse psychology i guess. but what works for one does not always work for others. AND what works for you may not work tomorrow. esp. when your dealing with kids!

Sue said...

kids go through so many different eating stages as they grow up. you just have to keep trying, because their taste bud are always changing as they grow.

i remember when i was in kindergarten my mom made me eat split pea soup. well, you can guess what happened, yes, it came right back up. the same with chili, but today i tried them both as i got older and i love them both, go figure.

maybe you can make a seperate sauce for tom and one to put the carrots in. that can always work.

ADP said...

When we went to the diabetes class to learn about handling diabetes, they suggested putting some beans in the spagetti sauce--or here's something you can do--mash up the beans and mix in the sauce--they'll never know it's there and you've just increased the healthiness of the sauce.