Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2007

Long hot day

We had a long day yesterday. First a trip to the midwives office-a long hot stroller trip. They were behind schedule(unusual for the midwife), but actually the kids were pretty good while waiting. They did good during my checkup too, as it was ending was when they started acting up. The baby was jumpy while getting his heartbeat checked, typical for him. This baby is not only active, he also pokes a lot! The midwife gave me another dental note, one that should cover EVERYTHING. She was amazed at the reaction I got at the dentist's office and said that was pretty rediculous, pretty much everything is considered safe during pregnancy. She said maybe they just didn't feel like dealing with medicaid(it takes longer to get paid). The dentist told me it was better to wait until the baby came out to do dental work-the midwife said the only reason to wait would be to avoid the pain until after. It doesn't harm the baby at all.
I told her about the contractions and she said were you doing anything strenuous beforehand? Apparently the advice to not do anything too strenuous isn't just them being extra cautious. She told me "No! You have a well practiced uterus, and recently too!" So I actually could kickstart labor too early by walking around too much. Good to know.

No comments: