Search This Blog

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Hoping things look up soon

I had a really bad week last week, I'm really hoping things start getting better soon.

Mother's day could have been better. And my Uncle had to ask (after I left) if I was pregnant again. He couldn't tell! He thought I was just really fat! I had a dental appt. at a new place pregnancy insurance) but it didn't work out. To summ it up they told me they could use my note from the midwives only for the first visit. Then I could get their regular medical forms filled out in time for my next appt. Except after I walked there they told me my form was only good enough for them to look inside my mouth-they wouldn't even do an xray or anything. They kind of yelled at me and made me feel like it was somehow my fault. But the secretary had ok'd it with a dentist!! It was a total waste of time, a long walk, and very frustrating. I think I'll just try again with a different dentist.

Physically I'm at a difficult point in the pregnancy. It's hard to bend over and I still feel huge (Although the midwife says I'm measuring perfect for my due date). I get tired rather quickly and it can be difficult to get comfortable to sleep. That fun acid stuff has been starting to happen and I got a leg cramp(which sounds so mild, but man are those things evil!!) And I'm starting to get back pain and of course the lovely contractions that started this week. Between trips to the store, the dentist, and the doctor I was really really tired and didn't get much done around the house. There was the day Justin threw up on me and Timothy sneezed and spit food on me and ate ants. I had been hoping the library trip would go more smoothly so we could start going there more regularly but that didn't work out. And my knee started hurting this week-I have no idea why-and it was the worst on Friday(the day I had to pick Leanna up from school and then head right to the doctor's office and walk back again), the day I had the most walking to do. Things don't seem to be going well for anyone in my family. I went out with my Mom and sister and both my Mom and I were limping(My Mom fractured her foot). I felt really silly, it looked like I was immitating my Mom. I accidentally made my sister mad. Tom was busy Sat. and today so we don't see him. That always sucks because I miss him and the kids miss him. It also makes the weekend run right into the week-there's little to distinguish the weekend from the week when he's not home. I'm not taking Leanna to school on the weekends but we're still just at home. I miss going places as a family. And I miss just plain getting out of the house.

This week I don't have as many places I have to go. I only have a midwife visit. I go every two weeks now. It'll be a pain in the butt getting there and back, but the visits themselves are nice. I like the midwife and she actually cares about how I'm doing. It's always nice to have someone genuinely care if I'm getting sleep and have help and how I'm feeling. I love my husband but he just can't comprehend how being pregnant is any different. I still have to take the boys to get lead levels retested, but at least I can do that anytime. Justin's lead level jumped up a point so he still has to keep getting re-tested. So wish me luck for a less busy less stressful-contraction free week.