Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Bento lunches

Anyone heard of Bento lunches? She's been talking about them over at the Lactivist and some of them look so pretty. As it won't be too long before I experience the joy of packing lunches, I'll be looking for ideas for what to pack. I'll have to read up on these more and see how difficult they are to manage.......any thoughts?

Sidenote: I'm checking out the vegan lunchbox blog which is supposed to have stuff for people who aren't vegan also. I saw one post about Mabel's labels which even makes allergy labels for kids.

5 comments:

ADP said...

Wow they look pretty. I bet Leanna would enjoy helping you to make them for her lunch. It might be a way to get her to eat more of a variety of food also.

Jamie said...

those are really neat! i've never heard of them tho. i have heard of the allergy labels and am thinking about getting some from another company to put on jonathan's stuff for daycare and even if we actually go to parties :-)

Sue said...

Steph, you should be able to qualify for free lunches for the size family you have on Tom's salary. We did when my kids were young on Chuck's salary at the time, because he was the only one working. If you do, maybe there would be times she would like eat a school lunch. Plus cheaper on the budget too.

sajmom said...

Oh I'm sure we do qualify for free lunches. But I have EXTREMELY picky children and school lunches are notoriously Bad-both nutritionally and tastewise. So I figure I'll use the free lunch ticket for the times that we don't have any groceries and pack lunch when we have something to pack.

Jamie said...

i am bidding on a bento box on ebay right now LOL i am so glad you posted this! i think those bentos are awsome!!!!!