Search This Blog

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Library visit

We made a brief stop a the library the other day while Leanna was in school. We had to leave early though because the boys just can't handle being quiet and not running yet. We were the only ones making any noise on the entire floor! I figured I'd give it a shot though.

I picked up Jenny McCarthy's Baby Laughs:The Naked Truth About the First Year of Mommyhood (I read Belly Laughs, her pregnancy book while I was working at Barnes N Nobles). Jenny McCarthy had that popular MTV game show, Singled Out. She was really bubbly and obnoxious. Her books are a cute quick read though. I finished it that night. She really isn't afraid to talk about all the gross stuff that can happen to your body before and after pregnancy. And she makes it entertaining. I really like how non-judgemental she is when talking about all the controversial stuff-vaginal delivery or c-section, breastfeeding, circumcision, staying at home or working, etc. She's really very honest about the whole experience, it's a refreshing change from most celebrity stories you hear.

Other than that I can recommend the Dinosaur books, we borrowed two. Justin already has How Does a Dinosaur Clean His Room at home-we checked out How Does a Dinosaur Count to Ten and How Do Dinosaurs Play With Their Friends. Those are really cute books too. Justin really likes them.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

i think we have How Does a Dinosaur go to Bed...its really cute!

jonathan likes to run around at the library and make noise. i get a kick out of seeing the snobby nazareth moms look at him funny. nobody's ever said anything to us tho. i think the library is such a great place.

sajmom said...

Your library must be more laid back. I don't remember it being that quiet or strict when I was a kid. One time Leanna Leanna stepped on a shelf trying to reach something. I told her she couldn't do that and she stopped. A minute later a librarian came over to tell me that Leanna couldn't do that. I was like, Yes, I know, that's why I STOPPED HER FROM DOING IT! ????? The problem was already taken care of but she still felt the need to come lecture us. It's a shame because it keeps me from being able to let the kids enjoy the library as often as we would like.