Search This Blog

Friday, May 11, 2007

Curious Leanna

Leanna has lots of questions lately that I have trouble answering. Yesterday we were talking about cousins. She kept asking me, "If Nanny Sue had Daddy and Uncle Billy now, would they be my cousins? Hmmmm............I started to explain that if Daddy was just born now she wouldn't be here, but it was a bit too confusing for her!

So I asked her, "If I was a carpender and you were a lady, would you marry me anyway, would you have my baby? (from the old song, I don't know what it's called) And without hesitation she said "Yes!" Then a moment later she added, "if you had a pretty dress."

1 comment:

Sue said...

the song is a Johnny Cash and June Carter and it is called If I Was A Carpenter. I love that song. I'm surprised you remembered it because you were a child when that song came out.