Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Passing the word along

I just thought I'd pass the word along.....I wouldn't recomend using CVS' online photos. I ordered some through the website for pickup later, their one hour photo service. I was dissapointed that the smallest size they offered was 4x6, but that's common now. No big deal. I didn't look at the pictures until I got home.
Now I realize when you order through one hour photo that they do not take time to ensure the pictures look good, but I at least expected that the pictures would appear as they were taken. A simple glance at the pictures would have revealed big mistakes. In two of my pictures, subjects heads were cut off (in one picture the entire head was gone), and in another empty space was included on one side while the other side had a child's body cut off, and many others were just off. A face which was centered in the original is not after they cut off part of the picture. I called the store and to have them re-print out 4 of the photos I had ordered (out of 28 total) but I am not happy with the way the entire order came out. Then CVS called me back and said the problem was that the photos were too big, so their system automatically randomly crops them. If the photos are too big then the system should tell you that right away so either you can resize them yourself, or choose not to have them printed. I would not have put in the order if I had known that. When I use Dans Camera I've never had a problem with that (same sized photos). They resize them for you, which I realize CVS wouldn't have time to do-which is why they should let you know this before you order. CVS wanted me to either resize them at home and bring them in on cd or just bring them in on cd and have them resize them for a fee. I didn't feel like wasting a cd on a few pictures and paying an extra fee. So I told them to just forget it. I also emailed cvs' customer service, although I emailed them before CVS called me back. The photos were for a scrapbook present my family is doing for my grandmother, so it was important for subject's faces and bodies to be shown! I am just very dissapointed, and will not use CVS for photos again.

No comments: