Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

the joys of young children....

So today we had to trek to the grocery store to do a WIC check. We're running out of all food, but you kind of have to do the WIC checks in a timely manner or you don't have enough room to store all the milk they give you. They go a little crazy with the milk-I wish they'd let you get things like yogurt or broccoli instead(those are good sources of calcium). Anyway, we took Leanna to school and then headed to Aharts. Since the bottom storage space on the double stroller broke I can't carry as much. I have to be very careful that I don't buy to many heavy or bulky items. Right before we went in the store Justin got very very cranky. He wanted to go home and started crying. Usually he's pretty good when we go out-sometimes he gets grabby(reaching for things on the shelf) but lately it's Timothy who's been the problem for me. I quieted him enough to go in and we were almost done when he started complaining that his tounge hurt. I asked him if he bit it and bent over to ask him to let me see it. He kept crying and saying it hurt and as I leaned over he threw up into my hair and all over his hands and the tray on his part of the stroller. Lovely. I was fortunate to have put wipes in the stroller this morning, and I had also just put a blanket in Justin's seat(for him to lay his head on, since it seemed he was tired). The blanket took a lot of the throw up-instead of his clothes or the stroller-so the timing was fortunate. I found a scrunchy in my purse to keep my now wet hair off me. That was the grossest part of it. An eldery lady got a little grouchy with me then because I was blocking her way. I had to clean up before I could move though so none of it would spill though. Oh well, I chose to ignore it and just moved out of her way. Carefully.

After that Justin was fine. He was his normal self again. He was perfectly willing to hold a bag on the way home for me and was quite cheerful, talking & flirting with strangers as usual.

No comments: