Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2007

Mayfair

After the midwives we went across the street to Mayfair. I figured since we were right there, the first night is free, and Tom wasn't going to be home until late, we might as well. I only got to skim the booths with crafts and products to sell. Leanna was hungry so we figured exactly how many tickets we'd need to get something small right away. We sat at the sand area to eat and then the kids got out and played there. Then I had to go to the bathroom-that was fun. I parked the stroller on the side and squeezed in my pregnant self and all three kids inside a portapotty! Try to keep everyone from touching anything in that small space, while peeing! Justin's loudly asking why that thing is on the wall (the urinal) and he TOUCHED a puddle of pee someone so kindly left next to the potty! At least they had hand sanitizer in there, though I was really wishing for a sink. I had wipes with me too.
Then we went and listened to a Jamaican band playing mostly popular songs. I know Leanna really likes dancing so I pointed out a lady dancing(she looked like she'd come from a Phish or Grateful dead concert, complete with dreads and long skirt). Leanna said she wanted to dance but people were looking at her. So I told her that yeah, I don't like to dance because of that either, but look at how much fun the people dancing look like they're having! She agreed and eventually started dancing. I hope she can keep that confidence, and be able to dance in public and such. I'm not at all brave like that, but I hope to inspire it in her. Then we found these giant letters (alpahbet) that they had and the kids climbed them a little bit before we started the walk home. I'm still recovering from that walk home today. It's uphill and a long walk. I have pretty strong legs, but I could really feel it in my calves. I came home and laid down and stayed on the couch til I went to bed! Early!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

portapotties are def. gross but i heard on a talk radio show once that urine is actually sterile!! weird but true!

sajmom said...

I thought I heard it was sterile until it left your body, after it hits the air thats when it becomes unclean.....I don't know if that's true or not. Either way, I don't want him touching his or anyone else's pee!