Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2006

My little helpers

My house will never truly be dirty. I can say that with confidence because my kids insure that dust can't settle for long on anything within chair's reach of their hands. They clear things out every now and then. Tonight my little helpers took everything off several shelves in the pantry. (So I cleaned the shelves before restocking them.) Then Leanna decided to "help" by rearranging all the canned goods, all over the place. Justin took all the garbage bags out of the containers and put them all over the floor downstairs. They had a little play fight with them, so I couldn't really be mad. Justin also helped me ensure that my spices never get old by dumping about half of two containers onto the floor. In case you were wondering, I was taking care of the baby in the living room while they were doing this. At another point Leanna and Justin started playing with all the lids to the pots and pans. I didn't care because it kept them busy and they were playing nicely together and using their imaginations. Leanna came over to me, wearing two lids as shoes. Her feet actually fit inside the handles. Then she came over to me carrying two lids and told me that she bought these in that store over there(the kitchen) for my children because she thought they liked them. She said they cost $80.00. Then she told me that she had more she was going to buy for her husband and daughter and son. She had this whole storyline she made up about the pots and pans! She has such a great imagination.

No comments: