Search This Blog

Thursday, February 09, 2006

blah

Yesterday was a bad day. It started discovered that I had accidentally bought the wrong kind of creamer for my coffee-Amaretto-yuck! If anyone wants it, let me know! The baby and Justin were both fussy. After I got the baby to sleep, Justin was in my lap, when he got up to get something, Leanna climbed in. Then she and Justin were fighting over who got to sit there. Justin's been taking his diaper off a lot lately, twice during the day yesterday. Then later he reached in and pulled out some poop, and brought it over to me. Lovely.
And we went into the bathroom to attempt another sit on the potty, but instead Justin ran in and grabbed the toilet brush, spraying yucky water everywhere! So I had to take him and the baby downstairs to their father(who was not happy about this) so I could clean up the mess in the bathroom. It was just one of those days where nothing at all gets done. All I did was hold the kids, make them food, and clean up spills. It's very frustrating when you can't do anything at all.
I'm pretty sure Timothy is teething-not only is he more cranky but there's lots of drool and I keep finding clothing or his bibs in his mouth(the texture probably feels good on his gums). I got Justin to sleep early, triumph #1. Leanna was very grouchy, I could tell she was tired all day long. So I snuggled with her on the couch and pretty soon she was asleep. Triumph #2! Ah, peace finally right? Well, I did manage to get a shower but before I even get out the baby wakes up all cranky again. And he woke up Justin again. So naturally after he goes back to sleep Leanna peed on the couch in her sleep. She sleeps so deeply that it doesn't wake her up. She still wears a diaper to bed even though she's been potty trained since sometime between 2 and 1/2 and 3 years old. When she did wake up she was spouting gibberish. She was getting all upset because the words weren't coming out right-she was repeating herself and not making any sense. What she finally told me was that my pj pants looked like half a sheep.

Then for a finale, after I get Leanna cleaned up, all three kids wake up and insist on having me hold them. And Tom dissapears up to the third floor to mess around with computers, leaving me to deal with it alone again.
So if you were one of the people who called yesterday-I didn't answer the phone at all because either I had a child in my lap or it was too noisy for me to hear anyway. Now you know why.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Tom wants another baby.....YUK! I would tell him to go have a baby himself, if that was possible, LOL!

I'm glad I only had 2 kids to deal with, for me that was hard enough, can't imagine having 3 kids all under 4 yrs of age. Not me, that's for sure!!

Men think it is so easy just to have kids, but when they don't help with, bathing, feeding, dressing, changing dirty diapers or trying to put one child on the potty and putting them to bed, we as women could strangle them when they say let's have another one.

I really think God knew what he was doing when he made a woman to bear kids, cuz men could never do what we do all day long. Listening to them argue between them, trying to have extra hands and ears for each child, plus try doing the housework and cooking dinner to boot. Yes, there are some men out there that could do these things, but I haven't found one, yet! God didn't throw him my way, LOL! Sometimes I think men and woman should change roles for a week, then they would appreciate each other more for their roles in life.

Jamie said...

yuck on the poo thing...i'm sure i'm in for that at some point!