Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

little skaters

Last night Justin and Leanna were running back and forth through the downstairs, over and over. They were "skating." We watched them for a bit and Tom asks me, "Were they like this all day?" And I said, "This is peaceful!" And it was, for me. Because they were entertaining themselves in a way that caused no damage to our property or made extra messes for me to clean!
Then after I said that I realised that it would be a strange kind of peace, to anyone else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

from pop pop chuck...geez tom, i don't remember you and bill acting like this...course, your mom probable will....

Anonymous said...

Well then it definitely comes from our side of the family....not that Steph & Laura used to skate, but they'd dance......and Claire was White Fang but I can remember the physical play we used to do as kids. There was dancing.....we probably would have skated but that wasn't on our tv back then. I think one of my favorite memories was when we'd pretend the floor in the living room was the ocean, and the chairs were rocks, and we'd swoop down in the ocean for dip lol.......