Search This Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2006

kids and weddings

I asked my cousin to please NOT have a no-kids wedding. I had to miss two weddings this year because of no-kids weddings, and especially in the case of my cousin Ronnie, I really would have liked to be there. Lukily she said of course kids could come! Chrissy said she wasn't even aware that you could do something like that! She said she loves to see the funny things they do at weddings. We were in total agreement, kids are part of life and a wedding is a celebration of life. I mean, I wasn't thrilled that Leanna decided to cry for veggie crackers during the family blessing-the part of the ceremony that I wrote!-but it wasn't that big a deal. And frankly I didn't mind that I had to carry her down the aisle because it took some attention off me! I thought it was really cute to see all the little girls dancing in a circle at our wedding reception. It's great that all those kids can have happy family memories like that.
(And yes, I know why Tom's cousin's wedding was no kids allowed-it's ok. ) I've actually missed three weddings in a row-my cousin Ryan's(too close to my due date for Justin) and Tom's cousin Jason, and my cousin Ryan. Laura said that Chrissy will have to give me nine months notice for her wedding to make sure we can come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My kind of wedding is the kind you and I had. A big Family party to celebrate 2 families joining together. Yes, BIG fancy weddings are nice, but that isn't me. I like to see kids at weddings to see how they interact with each other. When I was a kid I loved going to weddings.
To many people have such big weddings, at expensive places, that you feel uncomfortable all dressed up. And it is too expensive for the couple getting married to pay $30.00 a plate per person, including kids. I think that is awful, cuz kids don't eat a lot, so why pay that for their plate. Really!