Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2006

update

I haven't had a chance to post much lately. Most of my free time has been spent on the house. We rearranged things again. Tom rolled up the two carpets in the living room and we moved all the furniture and cleaned the whole floor. Plus I've been working on the upstairs some again-I can only do a little at a time, so it takes forever to get anywhere. Tom has been working on the basement. There was an awful lot of junk left down there by previous owners. And he finally put together Justin's scooter he got for Christmas. Leanna loves it. Justin likes it too, but it's hard for him to get a chance to use it because she's always on it.
Timothy and I finally caught Justin's cold. Timothy's started drooling now, so he's probably starting to teethe, oh joy. That combined with the cold is making him very cranky and I constantly have him or Justin in my arms. It really wears you out.
I got a juicer for Christmas and I tried it out last night-I love it. You get a lot more vitamin C (desperately needed right now!) from fresh juice and it's really easy to use and clean. It tastes much better than the frozen stuff I usually have to drink. I looked up the artist who painted The Accolade, (Edmund Blair Leighton) the picture Tom got me for Christmas, and I got hooked on art.com. I spent way too much time just looking at different paintings. I've always been into midevil stuff, unicorns, horses, victorian stuff,etc. and there's a lot there.
Maree's coming over this weekend and she got straight "A"s on her report card. I called korinna the other night to ask if she and Maree worked on scrapbooking. They were supposed to, that's why we didn't have her last weekend. I got Maree a bunch of scrapbooking stuff for Christmas because she's always like mine and wanted to do it herself. I bought her little kid kits for it in the past, but her mom never got her any pictures to do it. So this year I had a bunch of pictures of one of her soccer games we attended printed out for her. That way she wouldn't have to wait for her mom. But no, Korinna said that she didn't do it with Maree because Maree doesn't like to sit down for more than 10 minutes at a time. She said she didn't want to get it all out and then have Maree lose interest. Doesn't quite fit the Maree we have at our house, not that I'm saying she doesn't know her own kid-but to me that just sounds like an excuse! Then she said that she wants Maree to start out doing it with family pictures instead of soccer ones(which means waiting for her Mom to get her pictures again!). I bought her a soccer scrapbook and soccer stickers-it was a theme! And then she kept talking and talking, after about 40 minutes I made an excuse to get off the phone. It's great that she's friendly but I just wanted to ask a simple question-I had other things to do! I will be really ticked off if she doesn't let Maree use that stuff. I know she's capable of working for longer than 10 minutes because I've done things with her here. And I thought it'd be fun for her to do with her mom or me. Kids love crafts. Oh well, I can only do so much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph, You should have kept that stuff at your house, cuz you and I know that Korinna isn't going to do those things with her, it's just not Korinna. Maree' loves that kind of stuff to do, cuz she has been taught by you to take an interest in other things besides, "Boys."

sajmom said...

Well, it's hard for me right now-I don't have long periods to do that kind of stuff. When the boys get older I could probably do it with her, but right now it's almost impossible. And she loves her mom so much, it really would be neat for them to do it together. I'd really like to see what Maree would come up with.

Jamie said...

umm...were we separated at birth? i got a juicer for christmas, too? i don't know, between anne rice and now this, i'm beginning to wonder! LOL

sajmom said...

Maybe we were sisters in a different life??
(separated at birth presents all kinds of problems....I'm what,5 years older than you?.....different wombs.....that kind of stuff)