Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2006

Liar, liar, hair's on fire!

So.....the house is quiet, everyone is asleep but me. I'm taking a mini-break from chores and thought I'd write here. Sunday afternoon Leanna set fire to her hair. Ok, I'm being dramatic, she singed away a small section of hair. But still! I had two candles lit, both up high, and Tom was sleeping in his chair. I only went upstairs with Justin for a minute to go to the bathroom. While I was up there Leanna, for reasons known only to herself and Maree, decided to sit ontop of the roll top desk(on the part that actually rolls, not the top of the desk). Maree kept yelling at her to get off the desk before it broke and I came down because I heard them argueing. "What's that smell?!" Singed human hair is not a pleasant scent. Certainly not the one I was going for when I lit the candle. "Leanna! Get down now, now, now!!" Thank god her hair did not actually catch on fire! Or she could have knocked the candle down onto the baby sleeping in the basinet nearby, or just onto the floor causing a fire. So now I know that I have to consider not only how high the candle is placed, but also what possible damages could be, should the candle fall!
And went over with Maree, for the millionth time, to get me or Tom if she's having problems with Leanna. Not to try to play Mommy herself. I don't think she realized that Leanna's hair was in the candle though. At least Maree will have good stories to tell one day......hey! Remember that time your hair caught on fire! Good times, good times......

1 comment:

Jess/Blushed said...

Oh my! Thank God her hair didn't catch on fire! By the way, I got rid of my one blog and now am just using my knitting blog to post knitting and personal stuff.