Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2006

babies don't keep......

I do not have my act together yet after having Timothy. The adjustment between having 2 kids to three was much harder for me than going from one to two. A friend of mine who had 4 told me that after you have the second one there's little difference adding more, but that wasn't true for me. A lot of it is because Justin is still so needy yet, but even Leanna's been more clingy than usual lately. The past few days all 3 have been insisting on sitting on my lap at once. And Leanna and Justin don't easily co-exist in the same small space, so it's a challenge.
Tonight was nice for a change, I managed to get them to sleep, earlier than usual. Not anywhere near as early as it should be, but it's a step in the right direction. The timing worked out right for once! The baby fell asleep and stayed sleeping long enough for me to put the other two to bed, and I managed to get Justin to sleep before Leanna which gave me some time with just her! Usually the younger two act up exactly as I"m trying to put them to bed and I have two screaming boys which quickly turns into one very angry Justin(cause the baby has to come first), and Justin's crying keeps the baby from settling enough for me to put him down and calm Justin. It's a catch-22! We live with a lot of craziness and messiness right now. So tonight I had time to straighten up a little and even get a shower(yes that is exciting!)! It gives me hope that eventually I will get them back on a schedule and have a little more regularity for me too. I just have to keep reminding myself that it's ok for things to be crazy for a while, they're only young for such a short period of time...........

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow
for babies grow older I've learned to my sorrow
so quiet down cobwebs, dust, go to sleep!
I'm rocking my babies, cause babies don't keep!

No comments: