Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

For Mothers of Small Children
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray my sanity to keep.
For if some peace I do not find, I'm pretty sure I'll lose my mind.
I pray I find a little quiet Far from the daily family riot
May I lie back--not have to think about what they're stuffing down the sink, or who they're with, or where they're at and what they're doing to the cat.
I pray for time all to myself (did something just fall off a shelf?)
To cuddle in my nice, soft bed (Oh no, another goldfish--dead!)
Some silent moments for goodness sake (Did I just hear a window break?)
And that I need not cook or clean-- (well heck, I've got the right to dream)
Yes now I lay me down to sleep, I pray my wits about me keep,
But as I look around I know-- I must have lost them long ago!

No comments: