Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I can relate

Anotherblogger's post....excuse the language......I get very annoyed by stupid commercials too....


oh, please In my television watching (I assure you I am discriminating) I observed a State Farm commercial with a couple and a baby, and they were all, like, "Since we have a baby, it's important for us to save on car insurance." And I was convinced that the people who wrote and executed that ad must all be from a distant planet where there are no babies and people are hatched from pods. I'm not saying, "These are people without kids" because even people without kids (and you know I love y'all) have at least heard of or seen an infant and they understand that human beings begin life small and helpless, and that parents of a very small person don't sit around caring about their car insurance right then and now.It's more like, "Fuck, do we still have car insurance?" Or "You paid that, right?" Or "Oh, yeah. I'm totally going to pay that" and then you didn't pay it because you sort of couldn't right then because of your broke ass, or you could pay it but you just fucking forgot because you got twenty minutes of sleep and you ate some really ancient summer sausage for breakfast because you could get to it with one hand while you were holding the baby.I talk to a lot of people who have infants (the majority are strangers I accost) and they never say, "Gee, I was just thinking how important it is to save on my car insurance."I could imagine a pregnant woman looking at her premiums and saying, "Jesus Christ, I need to find some cheap fucking car insurance," or maybe she's entitled to even start freaking out about her car insurance for no apparent reason (pregnancy is strange at times, innit?), but holy shit, if I ever see another set of television parents doing something real parents couldn't possibly do, I'm going to make like the Reverend Donald Wildmon and start boycotting shit. Can you imagine the collective power of parents? Unreal. Those Mommy Wars motherfuckers really know what they're doing by keeping us apart.
Posted by Marrit at 08:06 PM
http://www.suite102.com/baldo/archives/2006/01/index.html#001500

No comments: