Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Ah, memories

On Saturday I got a letter from a law firm saying that I had unclaimed money, about $180, that they could get to me within 3-5 business days, for a fee of about $56.00 Then yesterday I received two more letters about the same amount of money, one firm wanting $37.oo and the other wanting $18! It's money from a company I used to work for, Kash N Karry(owned by Food Lion who owes me the money apparently). It's under the category of wages payroll salary, which makes sense to me because that company cheated you out of pay whenever they could. I bet someone sued them. I used to work a 12 hour day for them every Sunday and never got overtime, they sometimes used to shave hours off your paycheck(I started getting a printout before I left for the day. It was a pain in the butt, but I wanted to make sure they knew I was watching my hours.) They constantly asked you to work extra, they said you weren't allowed a break unless there were 3 other people working in the department, with no warning they left me alone to train two new people all day on our busiest day-as in no one else was there but me and the new people(how do you train like that?), one time I had to keep working because my relief decided to quit and there was no one else in the department but me and it had already been a 12 hour day, and the manager used to make me do inventory and ordering supplies-his job! The manager was a joke-I remember one night when they paid him ($11/hour) to make up a party tray that he walked out of the store without paying for. We did eat good at that job though. The manager would make thick london broil sandwhiches for us(at the store's expense, not that they knew) and other sandwhiches and salads, etc. The assistant manager used to wander away for hours, one time they finally found him at the mall nearby(being paid to be hanging out at the mall!). This job was the worst, and I've had a series of sucky jobs, so I know what I'm talking about. I really hate working for corporations.

No comments: